Hello there, my lovely skin lovers!
Once again, I have been a bit distance, but I promise it’s for a good reason as I am finally able to announce to you that I am starting up a business in skincare!
Absolutely, positively, amazingly excited! Can’t actually contain it actually because this is what I love and ahhhh ive waited so long!, buzzing!
Ok serious head on now.
I am opening up a skin clinic, where I will be selling skincare for home use and doing treatments that are all aimed to improve health and condition, oh and I do a tiny bit of beauty as well for those days where you just need a pamper!
Treatments I will be offering:
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Carbon Facial (also known as the laser facial)
- Chemical Peels (using sesderma and mediderma products)
- Microneedling (also known as collagen induction therapy)
- LED Therapy
- Eye lash and brow tints
- Aaaaaaaaand Eyelash extensions
Quick break down of those more complex and scary sounding treatments:
- Chemical peels use BHA and AHA acids to break down the lipid cement that holds your dead skin cells together to allow them to shed off revealing fresh new skin. You will also benefit from active ingredients penetrating the skins layers to minimise bacteria and breakouts, stimulate collagen and elastin, and reduce pigmentation. Basically brighten, lighten, tighten and sort out those spots and blackheads!
- Micro-Needling is the use of tiny tiny needles to make a controlled ‘wound’ to the skin, once this wound has been created your skins natural healing response is activated, stimulating collagen and elastin, which helps with fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring and pigmentation.
- Carbon facials are laser facials where a thin layer of carbon paste is applied to the skin, this then evaporates when the laser passes over the skin, causing the exfoliation of the skin and the shrinking of pores, whilst stimulating collagen and elastin to lift and tighten the skin. This is the perfect pre-party treatment!
- Dermaplaning is the industry’s hottest facial atm! It uses a scalpel to mechanical exfoliate the skin and remove the peachy fuzz on the skin leaving you with soft, glowing skin.
- LED therapy is the use of LED lights to help stimulate and calm the skin, the various lights treat various conditions and is a great add on to a facial or dermaplaning treatment.
(LED Facial results)
A little bit of background info: I have wanted to open up this business for near on 4 years now and finally here I am! I have invested in some amazing skincare brands, and some of the latest technology to really give my clients the best treatments. I am only now able to do this, because I have waited so long, got experience working elsewhere and saved up a hell of a lot of money.
It hasn’t all be plain sailing though, I have had a few issues with distributors for products holding back my launch date and a few other things too, but I though I would share with you some things particularly difficult starting this business that I never really expected to find difficult:
- Price list – I changed my location for my business so my prices kinda had to change about 20 thousand times, but I did know that was going to be hard but not quite as nail biting as it turned out to be.
- Getting a business bank account, it is not quite as simple as just setting up your current account.
- Registering your business – my account registered the business as health and fitness not beauty and the director of my business is now an Isabella …
- Choosing my location, I wanted to be ‘mobile’ to clinics original but I changed my mind last minute for various reasons.
- My logo, that poor graphic designer. That is all I’m saying.
I am super proud of myself (blowing my own trumpet but hey ho), and I am not saying it will be perfect because let’s face it, who and what is?! But it will be my little corner of the world and I am going to make damn sure I am doing everything I can to keep up with the industry and bring you the best of the best!
Here are links to my Instagram and Facebook page
and here is the link to my wonderful graphic designer Tim
Much skin loving love your uber excited
Isabelle P x